On Sunday Sept. 14th, the remnants of hurricane Ike came through our area! can you believe it. I thought I was through with Hurricanes and tropical storms after leaving Florida! thanks to Ike and another pressure system, we experienced high winds (no rain) and power outages. We were with out power from Sunday until Thursday night. Some people are still without power. School was out for the whole week. The Lord blessed us with beautiful weather during the week and we enjoyed finding creative ways to cook, shower(no hot
Robin and Jason had to cut down their whole tree .
It was a great learning experience! To see how prepared we were. Many people had much worse damage and difficulties. Many people lost all the food they had in their fridge and freezers.
It was wonderful to see people work together. I love to see us unite together, especially when times are difficult. there is one group of families that live close together, some of them had electricity and others did not. One family had a trailer and they went to every one that didn't have electricity and collected their freezers and drove them to houses with electricity. I can just imagine some garage filled with several freezers. Some houses supplying electricity for families to plug in crock pots for their dinners.
Home teachers checking on their families and helping clean up damage. Making sure each family had a way to cook and sustain themselves. Visiting teachers checking on the "emotional" :) well being of each other (needless to say.....we needed a play date at the park for the kids...or was it for the moms...?) There were generators loaned out, freezer space offered, laundry "maids" for those in need. (my mom took all of my laundry and did it before she left for her trip when she received her power)
There is much power and strength in numbers and how the Lord does bless us with these experiences to bind us and bond us. We become more aware of what's most important in life....each other
4 comments:
Hey guys, Shaun sent me your blog. Very cute. I miss you guys and loved the short time we had to hang out together. I love your family and thank you for the reminder of what's most important in life - each other. Lizzie, LOVED the slide show & music with it, it made me cry!!! Lisa Neal
"Lizard"....love the slide show !!!
Family is # 1 !!!!!!
Love ll of u ....lots !!!!!
Take Care,
Lee
Love to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lawrence (Larry)
Hi there guys
I love The Chace Place
I can't believe you all had no power!!! We have survived so far. We did loose power during the fires though. I can't believe how big everone is getting. Good to hear from you!!!
Love,
Michele Richards and Family
Post a Comment