It was Monday September 22, 2008........The First Day of Fall. I get so excited about fall that I thought it would be fun to celebrate by making some of my moms Carmel popcorn. Wouldn't it be great for the kids to come home to yummy gooey popcorn balls on the first day of Autumn? So Jakey and I
started out on this adventure, My first time making Carmel corn....It can't be to hard, right?
All was going good, popping popcorn........
It was getting out of control. I couldn't find bowls fast enough. I think I should try to be smarter than the air popper! Next I started the Carmel......A little too soon apparently, because I couldn't keep track of it and it Burned! Just a little though, so I pulled it off the stove and Jakey and I tasted it.....I thought...It's not too bad, maybe they wont notice that bitter after taste that makes you shiver. Jakey was kind, he said it tasted good. After a couple more tastes I came to my senses and decided to forget about all the butter and sugar and syrup that I had just used and dumped it down the drain and started over.
After the second batch......I was so glad I started over. It was so much better. Even Jakey confirmed it when he said .."this is yummy!" and he kept asking for another taste! We folded it into the popcorn and started making balls.
Jakey enjoyed spraying Pam on his hands and rolling balls together. One thing I did not count on was how long it was going to take me to roll it all into balls (now I know why mom always just left it in the community pot.) The kids were getting off the bus and I was standing there still rolling balls, Jakey had lost interest and I had to think to myself......What was I thinking?
As I look back, I definitely made a memory....Isn't that part of what life is about....making positive memories for our children to look back on so they can remember those good feelings?
I'm glad I didn't express my negative feelings and just kept them in, as I kept rolling those never ending balls. We enjoyed eating and giving away those Carmel corn balls, and you wont believe this....... Jakey can't wait to make them again!
This is so good that I have requests to bring it to the Craft Day in October! One more way to be corny! I hope you enjoyed those precious popcorn balls!
You can find the recipe on my recipes at chace-a-licious or the ward recipes at sharing food is sharing love
and more popcorn
And more POPCORN
It was getting out of control. I couldn't find bowls fast enough. I think I should try to be smarter than the air popper! Next I started the Carmel......A little too soon apparently, because I couldn't keep track of it and it Burned! Just a little though, so I pulled it off the stove and Jakey and I tasted it.....I thought...It's not too bad, maybe they wont notice that bitter after taste that makes you shiver. Jakey was kind, he said it tasted good. After a couple more tastes I came to my senses and decided to forget about all the butter and sugar and syrup that I had just used and dumped it down the drain and started over.As I look back, I definitely made a memory....Isn't that part of what life is about....making positive memories for our children to look back on so they can remember those good feelings?
I'm glad I didn't express my negative feelings and just kept them in, as I kept rolling those never ending balls. We enjoyed eating and giving away those Carmel corn balls, and you wont believe this....... Jakey can't wait to make them again!
You can find the recipe on my recipes at chace-a-licious or the ward recipes at sharing food is sharing love
3 comments:
Yum! That looks so delicious! We sure miss being in the ward with you guys!
I love how Jacob is in all of the food pictures! He is so cute!
MORE please
Post a Comment