Roatan May8-15, 2010

Monday, November 3, 2008

100 push up challenge



Have I ever told you why I have such a great husband? There are certain things that I just love about out him. One of those things is how he can take a simple activity (designed for himself) and turn it into a fun family memory (And it's healthy too!)

A few weeks ago he received an e-mail from a friend (and a challenge too) about the 100 push-up challenge. It is a 6 week program that will strengthen you so that you can do 100 consecutive push-ups at the end. So with that challenge he passed it on to the entire family! Of course I was not super enthusiastic, but as we got together 3 times a week to do are push ups I found myself enjoying that time together as a family and the challenge.
On the first day we tested ourselves. I was able to do 2 (knee) push-ups, it has been 2 full weeks (3 days a week) since we started and I can now do 32 (knee) push-ups (in sets of course)! Amazing! I can feel me getting stronger each time! Mark started at 20 and is now at 81, Sarah started with 8 and is now at 75, Lizzy 10 and is now at 75, Parker started at 4 and is now at 42 and Jakey....well he fizzled out, we are trying to teach him the knee push-ups because every time we get started all he says is "Man, am I tired....I can't do any push-up!

What could have taken Mark only a 1/2 hour of his time a week, now takes him at least a half hour each time we get together, and he has to be the cheerleader encouraging us to just get started! I know that he believes what he says...family first. What a great experience it has been. It's already been worth it and hey, maybe we might even get to 100 consecutive push-ups!

If your are interested in the program, you can read all about it, just click right here.
After you take the initial test, you figure out which column you are in and then click on the weeks and print them out as you go or all at once. Just do as many as it tells you.

I hope you have as much fun as we do!




2 comments:

McKenna Cotton said...

What an awesome idea! So fun- and yes, you do have an awesome husband!

blairsblog6 said...

Please tell me that you did not really post this at 4 am! I am going to try this! Mark is great, but not as awesome as you are!!!