Roatan May8-15, 2010

Friday, November 21, 2008

Monday

We woke up this morning and it was over cast and rainy, a perfect day to work. I wasn't even tempted to go off and play.
These pictures are taken from the top floor of Marks building. Looking down on the main road in Coxen Hole. The rain was coming down all day with some intense moments. Luckily we we never caught in it!




This is Christian and Mark hard at work.


We worked so hard today...Marks Spanish is pretty good! The weather was pretty good and it wasn't hot while we worked. After work Mark and I changed clothes and set off to find a steak house in West Bay. It never stopped raining, we found the street that we needed to turn down but is was flooded. After trying another way, which didn't work, we went back to the flooded street. Yes....we actually drove down the flooded street in our little econo car. I can't believe we didn't get stuck! We never did find the resturant and the waves on the beach were getting worse, so we headed back to the car and drove through the water again. I took a picture and even taped us going through the last part of the flooded road!



On our way back to the hotel we decided to stop and get a pizza. You wouln't believe this, but there is a brick oven Pizza "restaurant". Here are some pictures of it. It is an outdoor Pizza oven. The story goes like this....The guy who lives across the street (an Italian) who lives here during the good seasons, wanted to have his own brick oven pizza. so he had one built and instead of keeping it all for himself he made it into a restaurant. They keep all thier toppings in tupperware on the counter and they just made the pizza right there in front of us. It cooked up pretty fast and we were on our way to go home and have pizza and a movie.
(there was a security gaurd there that was also working behind the counter de-viening shrimp, you see she is packing heat on her hip!)


It's the best Pizza on the Island!

1 comment:

Shaun and Lisa Neal Family said...

The pictures of the flooded streets is my favorite of all of them. I remember the look of that so vividly from my mission, I remember it raining so hard in Roatan I couldn't see 3 feet in front of my face for a few minutes. I love it. Heaven on earth.